Monday, April 11, 2016

Power of Beauty

How does it impact the world?

This semester is almost over!! Yay! But I can’t be so relieved yet. I have taken 7 classes in the semester, and all classes weren’t easy. I had some difficulties in each and every one of the class. However, one of the classes is different for me. It’s Integrated Brand Communication class with Dr. J. 
In the class, Dr. J told us students to make our own brand based on our characteristics, and make our own magazines. I chose beauty as my characteristic because I wear makeup on every single day to school and I love makeup. Even though I love makeup, I had never thought about “why does it need to the world” and “how does it impact the world?” until he asked me.

My obsession for beauty had started when I was just a little girl. I used to watch my mother wears makeup on every single day. Sometimes I sneaked into her closet and wear makeup on myself and wear her high heels. After 10 years, I actually started to wear makeup on. I love makeup because simply it makes me happy. Makeup helps me through my classes and gives me motivation too. When I’m feeling down, I wear colorful lipsticks, so it makes me feel a little better. I know some people think makeup is an unnecessary thing. Maybe it is not the most important thing to the world, however, there are people who were save by makeup. Some homeless women got makeover and they have completely different life now. Beauty could be your tool to build confidence. Beauty could give an opportunity to change.

And now, Dr. J assigned us new assignment. We have to have our own event based on the characteristics. I have been working on planning an event for 10 women to get a makeover. It will be held on Friday, April 29th at Hope House. The women currently have been in a shelter and have different backgrounds. I am trying to give the women hope through the beauty. I believe in the power of beauty, and I would like to spread the power of beauty to the world after being done from this class. This class is special because I could realize why my favorite thing is important to the world and it could help people. Beauty is not all about look. Inner beauty is very important, however, it is also true that appearance affects our feelings. I hope whoever reads this could have some fun with makeup and be happy even if you are not familiar with it.

My mother and me

Favorite cosmetics

Beauty is everywhere


No comments:

Post a Comment