Sunday, April 9, 2017

It’s Time to Graduate!

Okay, What’s Next?
I’ve been in Avila for five years now, and I’m writing this story in Mac Lab in Dallavis and thinking “this five year passed so fast!!” I still can’t believe I’m a senior and it is about to be coming to an end.
Honestly going to Avila wasn’t easy for me. Learning things in second language was struggle in the beginning (still now sometimes), and not being able to see friends and family was difficult too. I’ve missed so many important family occasions, but I knew I had to keep focusing on school for my future. Everything I did was for future, but I have to admit that I really didn’t know what to do after graduation up until quite recently. I knew I wanted to work in fashion or beauty industry but I didn’t know where to start.
In my head, I knew I should stay in the U.S. after the graduation to pursue my dreams, however, I kept thinking how easy my life would be if I could go back to Japan. At this point in college, I feel like most of people don’t really know what exactly they are going to do after the graduation. For me, one book helped me to think about future again. It’s “The Defining Decade” by Meg Jay PhD. She told me that 20s is the most important decade in my life and there is no time to waste. If you are interested in something, go for it. If you have a certain dream, find a way to make it come true. Because if you wait for dreams, nothing is going to happen.
The book made me realized that I have to live my dream. In order to live dreams, if I had to stay far from family, I have to do that. It hurts though. I don’t want to depend on an easy way out. I’ll do my best to make the most of my 20s, and we’ll see what’s going to happen next.

Myself

I interview Ali in the video

Me and Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment