Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Beat Story



When I thought of my “beat”, one of my very good friends came across my mind. His name is Ali Alshagrawi. He is from Saudi Arabia, and sophomore in Avila University. His major is Advertising and Public Relations. I met him almost two years ago when he transferred to Avila University from Canada. I chose him to be my “beat” because he is such a unique person. He always make people laugh and also he has a great leadership. When we hang out with friends, he is the one who make plans and let people know about the event. I was very interested in his roots and how he became the person who he is right now, so I decided to interview him first.
Ali Alshagrawi


I asked him to introduce himself. He answered, “My name is Ali Alshagrawi, 26 years old. I grew up in Saudi Arabia. I worked twice in my life in a company called Samrif, and I used to work there as an operation man for 2 years after my high school graduation. I’m a simple person, and I like to be kind, happy, and I love my family.” And secondly, I asked him how come he decided to come to the United States. He said, “I wanted to be an educated person. Then I heard about education in the United States is great, so I made some researches, and I heard from agent that I could come to Avila University. I also heard from my friend that Avila University is a great school. This is how I decided to come to the United States.” I asked him about his personality next. I asked, “Were you a happy person all the time like now when you were a child as well?” He said, “Yes. I was active and I loved playing with friends a lot.” I asked him, “Is there any advice you got from your parents for living your life?” He answered, “My parents advised me to be a good person, and be so kind and good with people. And also work hard to achieve my goals and to have a good future.” 
Ali and his best friend Zeyad Alammar

After interviewing Ali, I decided to talk to one of Ali’s best friend in Kansas City, Zeyad Alammar. He is a student at Avila University also, and majoring Computer Science. I asked him how he met Ali for the first time. He answered, “I met Ali like two years ago. He and I were taking a same class together. We have so much in common, so we became close to each other naturally.” Then I asked him, “What is Ali’s personality like to you?” He said, “Well, Ali is a very respectful person, but at the same time, he is so funny. I just like to chill with him.”

Next person I interview with is Salman Alghamdi, Radiologic Science major. He is also an Avila student and one of Ali’s closest friends. I asked him, “How did you meet Ali for the first time?” He said, “It’s been like a year for now. We were at my friend’s house, and then I met him. We hang out together for 2 weeks or something like that, and we became close to each other. Then I asked him, “What is Ali’s personality like to you?” He answered, “He is funny and so active, and whenever I need him, he just helps me. And he is like the closest friend, and he is a good guy.” 
Ali's best friend, Salman Alghamdi




No comments:

Post a Comment