Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Presidents' State of the Union Speech impacts



After watching the Presidents’ State of the Union Speech, I found it is really important to listen to the president of the United States because Japanese economy is strongly connected to the United States. The first issue that I felt important was about community college. I thought the president made a good point. There are many people who would like to get education to get a better job. However, in order to get a better job, they need to have a better education. Therefore, he declare the new plan that lower the cost for community college. I like this idea because if more people get educated, future of the United States will be brighter and more wealth. Second issue that I felt important was when he talked about the difference between people. “We are the people who see our differences as a great gift,” he said. I like this quotes a lot. Maybe it is because one of my best friends is transgender, and obviously different from majority of people. If we all could see differences as a gift, I think the world would be a better place. Third issue that I felt important was when he mentioned about ISIS. Now, two Japanese people are in hostage. They are demanding money for ransom. In my opinion, it is very important to build a world that does not yield to terrorism, and in order to make like that world, the United States’ actions will be important.


After listening to the speech, I interviewed three friends of mine. First person I interviewed is Ali Alshagrawi, an Advertising & Public Relations major student. He thought the speech was good, and the issue he felt important most was about community college.




Second person I interviewed is Joudy Maestro, a Philosophy major student. He thought he was the greatest speaker ever. He just know what to say, and he care about American citizens. I can see a future in America, if the next presidents doing the work he began, there will be a change. He likes the humor he incorporated in the speech.




Third person I interviewed is Salman Mohammed, a Computer Science major student. He said “the speech was great, and I was amazed by how he talked in there. He did not even look at any paper while he was talking, and looking into people’s eyes. I could learn how to talk in public place from the speech well.”



No comments:

Post a Comment