Friday, January 29, 2016

The Person I Love



The Person I Love
Why is it important to tell I love you?

Do you have people you love so much? I think you do. The person I love is my grandmother. She’s passed away 10 years ago when I was 15 years old. She and I were very close to each other and I was a grandma’s girl. She was a great cook, and charming, strong and funny. I used to go to her place all the time and she used to come to my home a lot too. Both of my parents were working, so she took care of me and my sister often. I took a trip with her every year, and made unforgettable memories I can still recall clearly, however, I also have so many regrets about her. When we found out she had a cancer, it was too late. Her cancer was metastasized in her body. Even though she was in bad shape, I had hope and belief that a miracle will happen and she will get well. The miracle didn’t happen. I never thought she would pass away this early. Right before she died, I was approaching puberty and was in the middle of my rebellious phase, and I said stuff I should never have said to her. Precisely because she and I were really close, we fought and argued a lot. She was trying to teach me how to be a better person, but I just couldn’t listen to her. I should have told her how much I loved her instead of saying something stupid before she died. I don’t know how I could be so stupid, but I thought I would have time with her more. I didn’t think I should told her how I feel about her right away. When I wanted to tell her how much I love her and she is so important to me, she was gone.


I learned from my mistake, and I never do the same thing to people around me. I always tell them how much I love them. I try to act the way I wouldn’t regret even if they were gone tomorrow. We need to say things to people we love when we can. Please don’t think they know your feelings already without saying anything. We have to make sure they know how you feel about them before they are gone. Because either of you will pass away earlier than another one. For that moment, I think it is very important to give expression to talk and spend time with them as much as you can. I wish you and your loved ones best, and may the relationship between you and them last for a very long time.

The Box Which is I keep letters from loved ones inside.

So many letters inside. The oldest one is from 15 years ago.


The letters from my grandmother. I brought them with me from Japan.



No comments:

Post a Comment